David Archuleta comments on Adam Lambert being gay


Last year's American Idol runner-up David Archuleta commented on Adam Lambert's declaration.


Archueta said, "I don't think it was a big surprise. I don't think he was trying to be all sneaky and secret about it. I'm sure he is happy with who he was and stuff, it's not like he was ashamed." He then added, "I just kind of assumed it, I think everyone else did too. I don't think it's a bad thing or anything," noting Lambert was "really cool" when the pair met backstage at an Idol broadcast. "He seems really confident when he's onstage, but I don't think it comes across as cocky or anything, and when I talked to him it seemed like he was appreciating everything that was going on and he was really grateful for those opportunities that he had."

Archuleta, like the majority of those who followed Lambert’s Idol run closely, agrees that an artist’s music is more important than his personal life. “I know it’s always interesting and surprising and shocking [to people] when they say those things but that’s up to them, it’s their lives,” Archuleta said.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "David Archuleta comments on Adam Lambert being gay"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    June 21, 2009 at 5:10 PM

    I love them both so much! They're both so sweet and it's impossible not to love them lol.

Post a Comment